Saturday 2 June 2012

Survival 101

G'day everyone (creek creek *no answer).. Today I am writing about something that I experienced at work. People always said that we should treasure our university life since working life is much tougher and less freedom compared to the latter. I find that ABSOLUTELY agreeable as I have experienced the harshness of working life first-hand. (Hoo-ray). It was not about the toughness of the job (all jobs are hard, that's why we are paid for it,duh ), but it was more of the environment and the people that I meet. Hence here are some tips to survive in your working place (be it office or rig or at site) :
 
ONE : Mad-Eye (Please google if you do not know who that is) always said CONSTANT VIGILANCE! So adhere yourself to that advice as there are many people who would smile and be all fuzzy at you but at the end of the day you'll never know what they are really thinking.

TWO : Always keep your emotion under control. I have always been emotional whenever I feel like it but now I am learning to be the master of my own emotions as there are many eyes watching you and bursting out or even being too much of a joker would not give a good impression of yourself, and no matter what people said, FIRST IMPRESSION is always IMPORTANT! COMPRENDE? So learn to be calm and confident.

THREE : The boss is always right. Again, I emphasis ALWAYS. No matter how horrible your boss is, (demanding, not sensible at all etc), you must not argue with her/him. It would not do you any good. If you must make a point, do it in a calm, rational and professional demeanor. But remember, never let yourself be bullied. There's a fine line between being firm and being stubborn. Find out where the line is and make use of it.

FOUR : Be independent. You are no more in the university where you can party all night long and skip classes the next day and count on your friends to help you in your study. You need to perform in your job so that no one can find faults on you so asking around or being helpless is not going to get you anywhere. Learn to survive and do the job without any complain ( at least not in front of you boss or colleagues) and always put extra effort in it. It will get you far no matter what job you are doing.

So those are my tips to survive in the working world. Hopefully I will survive and come back in one piece once I'm done with my task at the moment. So that's it for now.

Peace out,
B.

No comments:

Post a Comment