Sunday 24 June 2012

The Big F.

What up,

So next week will be the due date of my probation period. How time flies. I am actually scared thinking about it. Once my probation ends, I would most probably be offered a permanent position in my company. I have to think carefully about my plans for the future woahh..since I will be living in my decision for a looooongggg time..but on the bright side, confirmation comes with an increment, so more savings for my plans ^^. 
Ok enough about job. Let me rant about more interesting stuff which is my favorite tv show. I have many favorite tv shows (GG, Project Runway, Suits etc..) but there is one show that I want to talk about today which is The Biggest Loser. I'm sure you are aware of that show since it's very popular (kalau xtau g google). Why do I like it? Simple : It's motivating and educating and gives me food for thought. You see, I had always struggled with my weight since I learned the meaning of word FAT. I used to be taunted, I couldn't control my appetites (my mum nagged me about it), clothes were not that easy to find, and the immature boys that I liked never liked me in return (that means I was immature too since I liked them, I was in high school, figures). So this goes on until I went to college where I was at my peak of my overweight condition. I was 67 kg!!!! T.T (cuti SPM, I ate more than usual hahaha). But still, I did not have any initiative to lose any weight or to control my habit of eating and ignored the fact that I could not wear pretty clothes as they would not fit me..and this went on until I was in first year where when I looked at my pictures, I saw the baggy big jeans, my chubby cheeks, and the potential of double chin coming up. That double chin did it! Something snapped in me..I liked my face just fine, no need for extra chin, thank you. So I decided to do something about it (my kept on thinking, no double chin..no NO NO!! urgh!! >.< . So what did I do at first? Well, I tried to cut a bit of my meals, tried to jog for a bit, and that lasted for only 2 weeks. I did not have enough willpower yet. Until my semester break. I was lolling on my couch, eating pisang goreng while flipping through channels until I found a show called The Biggest Loser. I was interested to know about it. Then I saw them, all those overweight people wanting to lose their weight with the help of expert. They wanted to lose weight not just because they want to look good, but they also wanted to shed all the diseases that came with their obesity. Then it struck me, I only wanted to lose weight due to vanity reasons, but I had never thought of healthy reasons, which is more important (you can't be pretty if you are dead you know), and I was somehow chastised by that thought. So I watched the show, how the people struggled with their eating habits, their near-to-death intense workout everyday, all those tears, sweat, and misery, only their sheer willpower keeping them from walking away from that show. And then I saw their result. Damn, they lost a lot of weight within a week, more than I lost in 2 months. I was sort of embarrassed by that thought. Then it snapped again. So I researched more on the internet about how to do exercise correctly and how to lose weight healthily. I never trusted all those diets that they claimed to be working, I only trusted the old school ways, eat moderately and exercise. Some of my friends believed that Ribena and sugary drinks can make you lose weight. I say BULL. Sugar turns to fat if not used, duh. And coincidentally, I was going to OBS and Gunung Kinabalu soon so I had to exercise, like it or not. Therefore I started my regime, jogging and careful with the food that I took. I started jumping ropes again..This went on for two months, and I saw the results. I lost 4 kg within 2 months, and I was overjoyed. Maybe it's not much like the contestants in Biggest Loser, but my routines were not as intense as theirs. After that I went to OBS and thankfully I came prepared, because it was challenging, especially kayaking (tangan cm nk pth dh oiii) and after OBS comes Kinabalu (my legs can still remember the pain of climbing down =.=) and when I came back to Miri, my friends were surprised to see me being skinnier than before. I did not notice it that much, but once I got on the scale, I was quite surprised. 57kg. 10kg lost in a few months, imagine that. I danced and jumped from happiness. It was during that time I wear all the clothes I never get to wear before. I eat moderately and went for jog every week until I reached 55kg and all was butterflies until RAYA came =.=. 2 weeks spent in my home during raya gained me back 5kgs (that was fast). and after raya, I was busy with exams and did not exercise so I went back to 60. and then came my final year where I was busy and I admit, lazy to exercise, so I went to 64 again aaaaaa!!! But right now, I am in the process of losing my weight again. My current weight now is 59 kg. I am striving to reach 55kg again, and who knows, maybe I will be able to reach 52kg which is my dream weight. But to those who are striving to lose weight, I would say that all you have to do is eat moderately and exercise well. Please do not go for fasting excessively, skipping rice or breakfast and not drinking water and stuff, you will only harm your body and skin. Do not strive to be skinny, strive to be healthy, then you will lose weight happily and healthily. Ok, phew, pnt gile tulis. That's it for now. I'm off for lunch with mummy at Jusco. Time to indulge. Buh-bye~


Peace out,
B

No comments:

Post a Comment