Sunday 10 June 2012

It takes TWO to Tango

What up,
Due to many reasons (accident prone driving method, late for work, toll and PETROL spend), I have rented and moved to my new apartment in Subang. It's quite lovely and cheap monthly rental with Astro and aircond included, and it's literally 5 minutes from my workplace. So that's where I'm staying during the weekdays. However, my weekends are spent in Seremban since I like to go home and I attend sewing classes during weekends. You see, I have always dreamed of being a fashion designer since I was old enough to know such profession existed. I like sewing clothes for my barbie, more like putting them together and create something that I know others don't have. I liked sketching females in various clothes, more than I liked studying in my classes (I sketched in my class, pretending to write down notes) until my mother found it out and hid all my papers away so that I'll study seriously. It was so serious that I actually applied for fashion course in Uitm and got the offer. However, fate has an irony sense of humor and tempted me with a thing called Petronas Overseas Sponsorship Program and so,I went for that. But as you are all aware, the so-called overseas program is actually in Miri (If that don't beat it all). But we are not here to talk about why Miri is the new oversea. So I spent my last 4 and a half years studying geology, which is an exciting course, mind you, and calls for your adventure nature. I have enjoyed my study years (except for the exams),completed my degree and landed a job as a geologist in my current company. All is well as it is hard to get a job these days, especially if you're fresh meat graduate. But after working these past few months, I have been thinking, do I really want to do geology alone for the rest of my life or should I pursue the thing that I loved more than anything, which is fashion. I have always loved to wear pretty clothes since I was a child (my mum was partially responsible for that) and I feel that if you look good, you feel good and more confident. I've always chosen my clothes with care even when I'm just going to classes or meeting with lecturers in campus. Even my lecturer complimented me on my sense of style (yes I'm bragging, got problem?don't read my blog then) and I like the feeling knowing that I looked good and presentable. Problem is, sometimes it's hard for me to shop because it is hard to find a garment that I really wanted. I like to watch Gossip Girl and also korean dramas because their clothes are so out-of-the-world like and stylish. Most of the clothes that I imagined myself wearing is quite hard to find in a typical shop. If I see it, it's too expensive for my mere pittance of salary.Hence, I wanted to make my own clothes that fits my imagination precisely and make it one of a kind garment,thus explaining my attendance in sewing class. Yesterday was my first class. I learned the basics which is operating machines, jahit tepi, sembat and stuff. Then my teacher said i'm fast (actually i've known how to operate sewing machines and my sembat has always been impeccable since my school years, but I refrained from mentioning it to her cause that will make me look less genius muahahahha). So I went to the next round which is sewing pockets and necks. It was actually quite easy once you get a hang of it but you have to be patient and be committed and detailed. Next week I will advanced to the next level and hopefully by a month, I will be able to start making baju kurung. It will be hard to juggle two things (work and sewing class) but hey, if you can't handle it, beat it. No one is forcing you, and I want to show that you can still pursue things that you love even though you did not get the chance to do it earlier. You just have to persevere and tell yourself you want it soooo BADDDD. So for those who want to do something they love, just go for it! But make sure you have a plan before pursuing it alright? Okay, enough babbling, I wanna eat my cheesy pizza for breakfast and do calorie regrets later.


Peace out,
B.

No comments:

Post a Comment